الجمعة، 26 سبتمبر 2008

unfinshed project

I saw it all. It was after we came back from the crazy horse bar after mid night. My aunt went bare foot to speak with our Indian neighbor, my father went to his American partner's apartment to look for Deborah and I went to sleep. I think it was early morning when my father jumped out of his bed and found Deborah and my friend Nicolas together in the apartment of his partner smoking joint. He kept beating both of them and I couldn't interfere because I was afraid he would beat me too. My aunt was sleeping on a matrice on the floor of the reception hall. She got up and stood to my father. She didn't know what was going on but she saw the drops of blood . my father slapped her too and pushed her away. She fell back to the floor. I couldn't do anything. I was afraid of my father. My sister went to bed, my friend ran away and my aunt stayed in the terrace facing the see and cried until the sun rose. She kept repeating " why.. why". I had to take her inside and put her in bed. I held her hand tightly and we both slept.

It took me sometime to call merit aunt. I couldn't understand that thing which both of them called connection in a previous life. But somehow, I could also feel it. So one day I woke up and found my self greeting her" good morning aunt merit blue monkey". She was so happy and hugged me and kissed my hair.

We were awakened by strong knocks on the door. The police. Nicolas wrote a report against my father. The police asked my aunt. She said it's a family matter. My father settled it with Nicolas and my friend withdrew his report. My aunt walked around the house like she was asleep, collecting her things. She packed and left without a word. And nobody tried to stop her.

She disappeared from my life as suddenly as she appeared.

Years later, she explained to me. "life gave your father a sister, and he didn't respect what life gave to him. Life claims back her gift". I tried to comfort her and said that it was just a fight. She said, " no." " he slapped me on the 3 points where I can reach him, my mouth, my heart, my ass. He did it with hatred and not out of anger. He hated me for the power I have and he has not".

ليست هناك تعليقات: