الجمعة، 26 سبتمبر 2008

Like the moon

Like the moon,
He does not care that some one awaits his coming.
And like the moon,
He does not announce his appearance or prepare for it.
Stealthily, if you are not attentive, he rises up
Gradually,
Without showing off, or preludes
From behind the pink mountains on the other side of the sea ,
A reddish orange disc
Laying down a reddish orange path
Breaking the darkness,
Flirting with my toes by the water edge,
Inviting me without invitation for crossing.
I throw myself onto the path, enchanted.
He rises, I swim.
And in the middle of the path, he withdraws his light.
My breath disrupts, and I flail around.
And like the moon,
He is a non-luminous planet
That does not illuminate unless the sun reflects her light on him
And, by turn, he reflects her light.
But originally, he is non luminous.
And in Arabic, the sun is feminine and the moon is masculine.

ليست هناك تعليقات: